How to use the SAMSwiki?
The SAMSwiki is a publicly available database dealing with bees and beekeeping in Ethiopia and Indonesia and has the approach of a continuously growing knowledge database. Not only consortium members, but also researchers or simply interested people are invited to contribute content to existing topics or to create new chapters. With the following instruction, readers are able to create accounts and to add content to the SAMSwiki.
1) Visit the website (figure 1): https://wiki.sams-project.eu/index.php/Main_Page
2) Log in (figure 2):
- Click on the “log in” button on the right upper corner of the main page
3) Create an account and get access (figure 3):
- Click on the “create account” button on the right upper corner of the main page.
- Choose a username and a password and confirm your email address.
- Click on the “Create your account” button.
- Change your password after receiving the invitation mail.
4) Edit an existing page (figure 4):
- Click the "Edit" page tab at the top of the page.
- Make changes to the text.
- Click the "Save page" button.
5) Create a new page (figure 5):
- If you search for a page that does not exist (using the search box and "Go" button on the left of the page) then you will be provided with a link to create the new page.
- Click on the red coloured name of the new page (in the example given in the picture below: “Ethiopia”)
- Write your text
- Click on the “Safe page” button given on the end of the page (same as in “edit an existing page”)
5) For further information (how to use html style, how to embed pictures, or tables, …) use the following link: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Contents
6) Citation style The information provided in the SAMSwiki is based on scientific literature and on expert interviews. For this reason, always provide references to new content. To guarantee a uniform style of the SAMSwiki pages, use the following citation style: APA TAYLOR AND FRANCIS. An instruction on the mentioned citation style is given under the URL (access date: 11.12.2018): https://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/authors/style/reference/tf_APA.pdf
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.